Kennedy STEM Academy
17500 Belshire Avenue
Artesia, CA 90701
Kennedy STEM Academy.... where a comprehensive curriculum develops a well-rounded child.
Kennedy STEM Academy perseveres in cultivating people of character who become productive, responsible, lifelong learners through a respectful partnership with parents, students, staff, and the community.
Welcome to Kennedy STEM Academy!
It is our firm belief that every student can learn to their full potential and we are ready and willing to help our students reach it, being that student success is our #1 priority. Learning for all students at Kennedy is enhanced through the supportive and encouraging nature of our school staff, and a caring parent community. At Kennedy, we believe that our students are offered a well-balanced education program. Not only do we focus on the high academic achievement of our students, but we also strive to enrich their lives through the visual and performing arts, technology, character education, and healthy choices, including both nutrition and physical activity. Several programs/resources are available at Kennedy; Student Council, English Language Learning, A.I.M. Clubs, Academic Support through Extended Learning Opportunities, Gifted and Talented Education, Music and Dance Program, and Extended Daycare. Parents are enthusiastically invited to be an active participant in their child’s education through the PTA, School Site Council, and various events held throughout the year.
Kennedy STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Academy Program Goals:
- Teachers plan and implement real-world opportunities that actively engage all students with logical reasoning and problem solving skills in STEM experiences.
- Students collaborate, interpret and communicate STEM information as a team and as individuals.
- Students participate in activities, field trips, and/or assemblies expanding their learning opportunities in the STEM fields.
- Students increase their knowledge and understanding about careers in STEM fields.
- Teachers engage in professional development for collaboration and planning.
- USDA Healthier US School - Silver level
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation Healthy Schools Program 2012 – Silver Level
- 2012 CA Distinguished School Award
- 2013 ABCUSD # 1 Reading Olympics Winner
- 2012-2013 Honor Roll Award- Campaign for Business & Education Excellence
- 2013-2014 Honor Roll Award- Campaign for Business & Education Excellence
- 2014-2015 Honor Roll Award- Campaign for Business & Education Excellence
- 2015-2016 Honor Roll Award- Campaign for Business & Education Excellence
- 2016-2017 Honor Roll Award- Campaign for Business & Education Excellence
- 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 #1 Track Team winner – ABCUSD Elementary level
- 2016 CA Gold Ribbon School Award
- 2016 CA Title I Academic Achievement Award
A.I.M. Active – Involved – Motivated
Kennedy offers before and after school clubs focusing on Healthy Bodies – Healthy Minds. Some of our clubs include: Before School Walking Club, Art Club, Cheer Club, Sports Club and Dance Club.
The Arts are Alive and Well at Kennedy!
We are very pleased to offer a quality fine arts program to our students. This program includes instruction in dance, choral music, instrumental music and visual arts. Our dance and choral music program is offered to all students each Friday. Students learn songs ranging from Broadway show tunes to disco. These tunes are expertly taught and choreographed by our dance and music specialist. A culminating performance is held each spring to showcase the students’ hard work and great efforts.
Grade 4-6 students are offered an optional instrumental music program. Beginning and advanced band classes are taught twice weekly in the auditorium. Concerts are held throughout the school year, culminating with the District Area concert where advanced band students from each of the elementary schools perform a concert along with their feeder middle and high schools.
Our dedication to our students reflects our belief that … Kennedy is a great place to be!